We are pleased to announce Hitchcock Paper Co. is hiring for TWO part-time positions! See below for job descriptions and qualifications. To apply, send your resume to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Sales Associate
We are now hiring for a part-time sales associate in a boutique stationery shop in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Hitchcock Paper Co. provides greeting cards, boxed stationery, journals, pens, and arts & crafts related gifts and supplies. We source the majority of our products from small businesses and independent creatives.
Weekend availability is required for this position.
Regular job duties include:
- Welcoming customers and assisting them with finding items or offering suggestions on products
- Checking out customers via digital point-of-sale system
- Opening/closing the shop as needed
- Working independently at times
- Restocking products when low
- Straightening around shop
- Pricing items and conducting inventory as needed
- Taking trash to dumpster during closing shift, sweeping/dusting as needed
- Excellent customer service
- Pleasant and outgoing personality
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic math skills
Helpful, but not required skills:
- Prior retail experience
- Knowledge of paper and stationery products
- Other language skills (in addition to English) - Spanish, ASL, etc
In addition to regular duties, there are opportunities for additional hours assembling wedding and gala invitations and marketing mailings. Applicants who are interested in graphic design or weddings may have the opportunity to grow into our Wedding & Event Stationery staff, but this is not required.
Wedding & Event Stationery Coordinator
We are now hiring for a Wedding & Event Stationery Coordinator in a boutique stationery shop in historic Occoquan, Virginia. In addition to its shop, Hitchcock Paper Co. provides custom stationery for weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, baby showers, bridal showers, and more. Some weekend availability required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting wedding and event stationery consultations. During these meetings, you will guide the clients through the process of selecting designs for various wedding and event pieces such as invitations, day of pieces, announcements, and more.
- Correctly creating and sending proposals and estimates to clients following consultations.
- Giving clients excellent customer service and attention. Following up on all emails, proposals, and proofs in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate comes to us with an exceptional understanding of:
- Verbal and written communication. Meetings with clients are in person or via video and can last 1.5-3 hours.
- Details and organization. There are a lot of facts, design elements, and pricing to learn and remember. In addition you will be working with several clients at one time.
- Listening to clients’ needs and taking thorough notes during consultations.
- Color and composition. A creative eye is needed for offering basic color and design suggestions (which colors coordinate well together, what ink will not show up legible on what color stock, what patterns clash with each other, etc).
- How to be professional yet friendly when communicating with clients and other staff.
- Work independently and making unsupervised decisions within the Hitchcock Paper guidelines.
- Inclusion of clients from all backgrounds, including but not limited to age, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
The ideal candidate comes to us with basic understanding of:
- Google Doc/Sheets/Drive and/or Microsoft Word/Excel.
- English grammar for email communication and proposal writing.
- Adobe PDF (you will use fillable forms often).
- Google Meet or GoToMeeting video conferencing.
- Sales without being pushy. We don’t pressure our clients to spend more, which is why we don’t base salary on commission. Your work is valuable no matter how much the client spends!
The ideal candidate will be trained on these skills (if not already possessed):
- Invitation wording and etiquette (both traditional and modern).
- Current trends in invitations, stationery, and wedding.
- Crane & Co. PDS system.
Hitchcock Paper Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of every gender, race, nationality, background, and ability.
To apply, send your resume to Sarah at email@example.com.