Intermediate Calligraphy Workshop (November 14)
Join us Sunday, November 14 from 1:00-4:00pm, for an in-person Intermediate Level Calligraphy Workshop!
In this mid level level class, we will focus on writing capital letters. We will also have fun experimenting with colored and metallic inks. Plus, you will leave with the materials needed to take your calligraphy off the practice sheets and on to a useful project!
Some prior calligraphy experience recommended. Please bring the materials you received at the introduction class. If you took calligraphy elsewhere, a suggested materials list can be provided.
Each student will receive:
- Practice paper
- Colored ink
- Metallic ink
- Materials for project
- Mixing container
Other good things to note:
- All materials are provided. We suggest having taken a beginners calligraphy class prior to moving onto the intermediate, but beginners are also welcome.
- Lefties are welcome and should be sure to choose the "left handed" option when registering.
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 5 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if it looks like the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- While this workshop is designed for adults, teens ages 13+ are welcome to join!
- This workshop will take place in a private second floor studio space in historic Occoquan, Virginia.
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable once purchased and are not subject to our standard shop return policies.
This workshop is taught by Jenny Paxton of Jenny Paxton Calligraphy. Jenny is a North Carolina native with a southern accent and Carolina blue blood living and working as a calligrapher in the Washington, DC area. She is a member of the Washington Calligraphers Guild and the International Association of Master Penman, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting. She provides calligraphy for brides and event planners throughout the region. In her own words, "A stack of blank envelopes waiting to be addressed excites me and soothes my soul at the same time." Learn more about Jenny at jennypaxtoncalligraphy.com.
Specific questions? Feel free to contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hitchcock Paper Co. at email@example.com.