PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE
Now hiring for a part-time sales associate in a boutique stationery shop in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Hitchcock Paper Co. provides custom wedding, event, and personalized stationery as well as everyday paper goods. We source the majority of our products from small businesses and independent creatives. Visit hitchcockpaper.com to learn more.
NOTE: this position requires a person 18 years of age or older, with the ability to work by themselves. Weekend availability is required.
Regular job duties include:
- Welcoming customers and assisting them with finding items or offering suggestions on products
- Checking out customers via digital point-of-sale system
- Opening/closing the shop as needed
- Working independently at times
- Restocking products when low
- Straightening around shop
- Pricing items and conducting inventory as needed
- Taking trash to dumpster during closing shift, sweeping/dusting as needed
- Excellent customer service
- Pleasant and outgoing personality
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic math skills
Helpful, but not required skills:
- Prior retail experience
- Knowledge of paper and stationery products
- Other language skills (in addition to English) - Spanish, ASL, etc
In addition to regular duties, there are opportunities for additional hours assembling wedding and gala invitations and marketing mailings. Applicants who are interested in graphic design or weddings may have the opportunity to grow into our wedding consultation staff, but this is not required.
Hitchcock Paper Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of every gender, race, nationality, background, and ability.
To apply, send a resume to Sarah at email@example.com.