Calligraphy Workshop (Beginners) - March 31
Join us Sunday, March 31 from 1-4pm, for our Beginners Calligraphy Workshop!
During this introduction to calligraphy, learn all the basics of pointed pen calligraphy in a relaxed and inspiring atmosphere. Students will receive:
- A three hour workshop of calligraphy instruction, by a top calligrapher in the Washington, DC area.
- A set of instructional handouts.
- Water, Coffee, Tea, and snacks (you are welcome to bring your own if you wish).
- The following supplies are included and are free to take home after the class:
- Oblique pen holder
- Dinky dips set
- Ink dropper
- Practice paper
- Other fun surprises
- No prior calligraphy experience needed and all materials are provided.
- Lefties are welcome and should be sure to choose the "left handed" option when registering.
- This workshop is designed for participants ages 16 and up.
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 5 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if it looks like the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- The workshop will take place in Hitchcock Paper Co.'s waterfront studio in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Ample onsite and street parking is available.
This workshop is taught by Jenny Paxton of Jenny Paxton Calligraphy. Jenny is a North Carolina native with a southern accent and Carolina blue blood living and working as a calligrapher in the Washington, DC area. She is a member of the Washington Calligraphers Guild and the International Association of Master Penman, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting. She provides calligraphy for brides and event planners throughout the region. In her own words, "A stack of blank envelopes waiting to be addressed excites me and soothes my soul at the same time." Learn more about Jenny at jennypaxtoncalligraphy.com.