Beginners Calligraphy Workshop - May 23
Join us Sunday, May 23 from 1pm to 4pm, for our popular Beginners Calligraphy Workshop!
NOTE: For this in-person class, face masks are required and participants will be seated distanced from each other.
During this introduction to calligraphy, you will learn all the basics of pointed pen calligraphy in a relaxed and inspiring atmosphere. We will focus on the lowercase alphabet and provide you with all the supplies you'll need to continue your studies at home. Students will receive a helpful set of instructional handouts for this three hour workshop, taught by a top calligrapher in the Washington, DC area.The following supplies are included and are free to take home after the class:
- Oblique pen holder
- Dinky dips set
- Ink dropper
- Practice paper
- Other fun surprises
- No prior calligraphy experience needed and all materials are provided.
- Lefties are welcome and should be sure to choose the "left handed" option when registering.
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 5 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if it looks like the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- While this workshop is designed for adults, teens ages 13+ are welcome to join!
- This workshop will take place in a private second floor studio space in historic Occoquan, Virginia.
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable once purchased and are not subject to our standard shop return policies.
- Masks are required to be worn properly during the class. Participants will be seated apart to maximize social distancing.
This workshop is taught by Jenny Paxton of Jenny Paxton Calligraphy. Jenny is a North Carolina native with a southern accent and Carolina blue blood living and working as a calligrapher in the Washington, DC area. She is a member of the Washington Calligraphers Guild and the International Association of Master Penman, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting. She provides calligraphy for brides and event planners throughout the region. In her own words, "A stack of blank envelopes waiting to be addressed excites me and soothes my soul at the same time." Learn more about Jenny at jennypaxtoncalligraphy.com.