Calligraphy Workshop (Intermediate) - June 9
Join us Sunday, June 9 from 1-4pm, for our Intermediate Calligraphy Workshop!
In this mid level level class, we will focus on writing capital letters. We will also have fun experimenting with colored and metallic inks. Plus, you will leave with the materials needed to take your calligraphy off the practice sheets and on to a useful project!
Some prior calligraphy experience recommended. Please bring the materials you received at the introduction class. If you took calligraphy elsewhere, a suggested materials list can be provided.
Each student will receive:
- Practice paper
- Colored ink
- Metallic ink
- Materials for project
- Mixing container
- No prior calligraphy experience needed and all materials are provided.
- Lefties are welcome and should be sure to choose the "left handed" option when registering.
- This workshop is designed for participants ages 16 and up.
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 5 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if it looks like the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- The workshop will take place in Hitchcock Paper Co.'s waterfront studio in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Ample onsite and street parking is available.
This workshop is taught by Jenny Paxton of Jenny Paxton Calligraphy. Jenny is a North Carolina native with a southern accent and Carolina blue blood living and working as a calligrapher in the Washington, DC area. She is a member of the Washington Calligraphers Guild and the International Association of Master Penman, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting. She provides calligraphy for brides and event planners throughout the region. In her own words, "A stack of blank envelopes waiting to be addressed excites me and soothes my soul at the same time." Learn more about Jenny at jennypaxtoncalligraphy.com.