Digital Marketing for Small Business - April 20
If you build it, they will come. But only if you let them know it exists...
Join us Tuesday, April 20 from 5:30-8:30pm, for an in-person digital marketing course, focused on creative and retail small businesses.
In this course you will learn how to make the most of your online presence through website content, social media, online listings, and creative advertising. This 3 hour intensive is perfect for small business owners in creative and retail industries, or anyone looking to increase their online presence and build clients/customers.
We will explore the basics of getting your business – whether it’s just starting up or has been around for years – discovered online by the customers you want to attract. In addition to marketing theories and Sarah’s own business experience, you will receive practical advice on things you can do to improve your online presence both right away and long term.
Participants will get an overview of the following areas:
- Relevant and high quality photos
- What content to include and how it’s written
- The basics of SEO and why it’s important
- Are you appearing in maps and online searches?
- Google Business and how to make the most of it
- Community websites = free advertising
- Review sites and how to handle negativity
- What all those acronyms mean and why they’re important
- What platforms work best for your brand
- How to identify your audience
- The conversation vs. the monologue
- Content calendars and scheduling
- When auto-responses are appropriate. And when they’re not.
- Important statistics and what’s new in 2021
- Where to get fonts and images that are legal to use!
- Cellphone camera tips & tricks
- Free/inexpensive multimedia apps
- What to do when you can't produce your own graphics
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sarah Hitchcock Burzio has been the owner of marketing and design firm Hitchcock Creative since 2008. Clients over the past 13 years have included the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, National Symphony Orchestra, Washington National Opera, Folger Shakespeare Library, Arena Stage, Sitar Center for the Arts, Inova Office of Continuing Medial Education, The Aspen Institute, Washington Ballet, Washington Animal Rescue League, and more. You can learn more about Sarah and her firm at hitchcockcreative.com.
In 2018 Sarah expanded her business to include a stationery boutique in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Hitchcock Paper Co. provides custom design for personal events such as weddings, anniversary parties, graduation, and more. Before launching her businesses, Sarah worked in theater management and event management at the Kennedy Center, Shakespeare Theatre Company, and other DC area arts non-profits.
Other good things to note:
- What to bring: a notebook and pen if you like to take notes by hand (we recommend this!). A laptop and smart phone are optional.
- For this in-person class, face masks are required and participants will be seated distanced from each other.
- This class is limited to 10 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere and encourage discussion and questions.
- This workshop will take place in a private second floor studio space in historic Occoquan, Virginia.
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable once purchased and are not subject to our standard shop return policies.
- Occoquan Merchants Guid partners receive a discount. Please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for that checkout code.