Join us Saturday, October 1 from 10:00am-12:00pm, for an in-person Wax Seal Workshop!
In this beginners class, we will start with a basic tutorial focusing on how to use wax seals (or refresher for those who have done this before). From there we will have fun experimenting with multiple colors of wax and different embellishments. Plus, we will practice different melting methods, such as using wax stickers, wax beads over a flame, melting pots, and glue guns. Most of the items used in this class will be available for purchase! Plus, you will leave with some materials needed to make your own additional wax seals at home.
Some prior crafting experience is recommended, however beginners are welcome. Materials will be provided for you in this class.
This workshop has two registration options:
Starter Kit ($100): this is a great option for those new to wax sealing. The starter kit includes 1 handle + 1 stamp in the design of your choice (see current options at https://www.hitchcockpaper.com/collections/wax-seal-supplies).
Bring Your Own ($75): This choice is for those who want to bring their own seal and handle.
Each student will receive the following to take home (included for both "bring your own" and starter kit attendees):
- 2 flexible wax sealing sticks in the color of your choice
- 1 roll of washi tape
- Assortment of wax beads
- Envelopes/scrap paper for testing seals directly on paper
- Any finished wax seals or creations you complete!
In addition to the take home materials, each student will receive the following to use during the workshop (we reuse these supplies for each workshop):
- Silicone sheets
- Wax melting spoon
- Tea light candles
Other good things to note:
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 4 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- While this workshop is designed for adults, teens ages 13+ are welcome to join! Students will be responsible for lighting candles/wax sticks, so must be comfortable using matches or a lighter. Parents must either drop off or purchase a ticket to also sit in on the class.
- We will provide access to desktop warmers, wax melters, additional colored waxes & embellishments that you may purchase after the class.
- This workshop will take place in a private second floor studio space in historic Occoquan, Virginia.
- Workshop tickets are non-refundable once purchased and are not subject to our standard shop return policies.
- Hot tea, coffee, and light snacks will be available.
Specific questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Private classes for groups of 8-16 people are available!